Friday, January 28, 2011

GLASSES...

We found out Porter needed glasses right before we left for Christmas. The order came yesterday and Porter just loves them. He is so funny about them. I asked him when he got home from school yesterday what his teacher thought of his new glasses? He says to me, "I'll give you one guess. She had me get up in front of the class and show everybody." It was too funny. I guess that means she liked them. : ) Porter has been telling my Dad and I that he has a ring that makes him a super hero so when the eye glass place called to let us know that his glasses were in my Dad told him that now when he puts his glasses on he will be in disguise and no one will know he is a super hero. So the kids have all been calling him Peter Parker because that is the only super hero they know the real name to. Little do they know Clark Kent is the one famous for putting his glasses on and then no one can tell he is Superman. Funny little boys. His Grandma Carol has told him that his cousin Robby thinks it is pretty neat that he got glasses because he has glasses too. So Porter comes home from school today and says, "Robby is excited that I have glasses because he has them too.....Maybe that is why they want to move by us." I am so glad that he loves his glasses, we tried to get him ones that looked as close to Trevor's as we could. I love that he is my little mini Trev. I hope he looks more and more like him all the time. It would have been so fun picking out glasses with Trev. I miss that boy.
It took me over an hour to find a decent picture of Trev with his glasses on. He really didn't wear them very often. I always thought he looked so cute in his glasses.
Garrett is a little jealous that he doesn't have glasses. He keeps telling me that he wishes he had glasses. I wonder how long they are going to think they are "COOL" for???!!! Anyhow since I was taking pics of Porter, Garrett and Mase wanted in on the action too. Actually Garrett did ask me the other day, "would you take a picture of me holding my Nerf gun because this is one of my favorite presents I got for my birthday.. you know?" He is so funny. My little Mason Rooni, he is just plain silly.

8 comments:

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Love the glasses! He really is a mini Trevor! I love it! All your boys are so cute! Brody is a model! Loved the toy story post, his smile could just melt you!

Matt & Emily said...

Oh Holly! He is so dang cute! Perfect picture of Trev with his glasses. They look so much alike and you did great matching the glasses! You are the best mom to do things like that! Love ya!

sainsburys said...

The hour of searching for the Trev picture was worth it....wow they look alike. Porter is so handsome in his glasses. Sometimes I forget how shy porter was. He is so cute in all those pictures. I think Robby having glasses is a perfect reason to move by you POrter. They have the same shape of face Trev and Porter. We sure miss Trevie too!!!! Love you guys!

sainsburys said...

Garrett I remember you told me you loved your nerf gun!!! You needed a picture of that!!! Great toothless smiles of you too....love ya

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Holly you are so sweet! I would be thrilled if my girls married any one of your boys! I would know they would be in great hands and have an amazing mother-in-law! Haha! Lets arrange it!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Loving all the photos! darling boys and fun stories! I'm sure the cool glasses feeling will last a while cause they are so cute on him. Lots of love

Erika said...

Hey thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! It was fun to "hear" from you! No problem on the canvas, I am glad it turned out.

And it looks like you had a kid get some new hardware too! I think the glasses are super cute on him (I always secretly wanted glasses) and that you did a great job matching Trevor's.

See you!
~Erika

Lisa said...

What cute, cute boys! Wow- Porter looks identical to Trevor! It's gotta be somethinge, being able to see so much of him in your boys.

Love you so much-
Lees

PS- I love our 3 hour long talks, next time I will call you earlier in the night. My sunday school lesson was pretty crappy the next day- haha!