Friday, February 11, 2011

Trevor Andrew Stephenson

It is amazing how quickly life changes. I have been looking back at pictures of the earlier life of Trev and I and it is crazy how much we had gone through in our short 8 years of marriage together. I can't believe it has already been 6 months since my sweet Trev has passed away. The physical pain has eased but I still miss him everyday and think about him no less then a million times a day. The things I miss most are his wonderful smile and laugh. I miss him kissing me on the forehead and then whispering to me, "Do you know what that's for?" Me, "Why???" "Because I love you so much." I miss him pulling me close to him and at the same time telling me, "I feel like your so far away." I miss his love licks & bites, he would be really naughty and give me a big slimy lick where ever was easiest to get to on my face or bite and when I would get upset he would say that they were "love licks." I miss his big hugs and his twinkle in his eyes. I miss being partners in life. I miss falling to sleep on the couch with my legs in his lap. I miss his love for life and his sweet way of teaching our little boys. I miss his goofiness and him and I fighting over covers in bed until one of us pushes the other out of bed and we are dieing laughing because we will never grow up. I miss how he played with the boys and how they lit up when ever they saw him. I miss making birthday cakes with him. I miss how he served others. I miss him getting so excited over what his friends or family had going on. He has such a sweet love for his friends and family. I miss our long drives and our adventures. I miss him so much their is no way I could ever even begin to explain it. I so miss biting on his eye brows and ear lobes. He is my best friend in the whole world and I am so grateful for the gospel and the hope it gives me that we will be together again for eternity as a family. I am so blessed to have had the time I had with Trevor and have his wonderful influence in my life and I am sure I will continue to think of him everyday of my life until we meet again....


6 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

Holly, can I just say that you are AMAZING!! The last 6 months of Scott and I being apart I got a very small glimpse of what you're going through being on your own without the love of your life. It's amazing how the Lord blesses you if you're doing what's right, how he lifts you up when you feel like you can't go on anymore. Sounds like you guys had such a fun and sweet relationship that you should never forget. Guys can be such dorks and the biggest kids which makes life interesting! Good thing you have 4 other boys to make life interesting and fun!! Ha! Hope you don't mind, I put your blog address on my list of blogs. Feel free to stock me too! Haha!! Take care and keep up the good attitude!!!

Robert said...

I love your post about Trevie! I have witnessed Trev's uncontrollable love for you. He always wanted you closer to him. He wanted you on his lap or his back. He was always so proud of you and telling me how amazing you are. He loves you so much. There is so much to miss about Trev. I am so grateful that you try to keep all of his memories so fresh in our minds. So grateful for hope! Can't wait to be together again. You guys will always be partners just temporarily separated for now. Love you Holly! fun to see all of the pictures. They show his fun personality!!

Unknown said...

Hi Holly and friends,

I just wanted to say I really liked your post about Trevor and I'm keeping you in mind as I conduct random acts of kindness in Trevor's honor.

Friday after school (I'm a student teacher) I got a few boys together and played basketball, and I reached out to some of the biggest trouble-makers at my school. The result was a great few hours of fun and it gave me a great chance to see the bright side of these kids who usually give their teachers headaches.

It didn't really change the world, but it did make me feel really good afterward and getting the Facebook note about doing nice things like Trevor would really stuck with me.

Take care and God Bless you and your beautiful family!

Mike Kreiger

Matt & Emily said...

Holly, I've thought about you so much the past few days as we've come up on 6 months without Trevor. I miss him so much and I just can't stop crying. Those pictures make me miss him so much. He was one of a kind! I think about you all day long! Love you so much!

Erika said...

Thinking of you! Your post makes me want to go give everyone I love a hug and hold them all a little closer. Never know what life will bring.

Laura said...

You are such a wonderful woman! I love you Holly Sue! Your post brought me to tears. You have 4 of the most adorable, and beautiful boys to always remind you of Trevor! Muwah!