Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spokane County Fair...


We were able to go to the Spokane County Fair this year with Grandpa Jim, Aunt Amanda, Uncle Bob and the mob of boys. I sometimes wonder what people are thinking when they see Amanda and I out with our huge mob of boys. We had a good time at the fair. Right as we walked into the fair Ziggy Ziggler was at the tractor pull and rounded our boys up to compete in the tractor pull. They all loved it of course. It was so funny because they only competed with one other person so we sat in the bleachers waiting for them to call each boy down. As they called Mase down they asked him where he was from and he says, "Arizona." The announcer went on about having someone all the way from Arizona and Amanda and I couldn't help but laugh. He is so funny. He told me long ago that when Jesus puts Daddy's bones back in and he comes back to life we are going to move back to AZ. I guess you never know. Maybe he knows more then I do. I would be happy to go just about anywhere if Trevor was able to come back to us. We sure miss having him around. His joy for life was so contagious.After the tractor pull we walked around and checked out all the animals. Carson, Robby and Bowen.My cute little Brodster boy....I think he looks more and more like Trevor all the time!!!! It makes me so happy to see Trevor in the boys. It helps keep his memory fresh in my mind. Not to mention who wouldn't want to see his cute face???Cute. Fun. Bo....Porter and his fair buddy, Ty...There's that crazy Ty face...Garrett and Easton...Mase and Porter trying on Grandpa Jim's sun-glasses.Garrett was so happy to walk around with his Grandpa... he was Garrett's fair buddy.The boys checking out all the rides trying to decide which ride they wanted to try out...These cute faces....couldn't delete any of them.Brody was the last one left on the bench, he was so engrossed in watching the crazy rides...Carson chose the Ring of Fire and talked his Dad into going with him. It was so hilarious watching him on the ride. His face looked like he couldn't have been more miserable. He got off and told Amanda that he kept his eyes closed the whole time. Amanda said, oh you didn't like it??? and he said, "NO, I LOVED IT!!!!" Funny kids. I know I was the same way when I was younger. But really what is so enjoyable about scaring yourself to death??? If you have to have your eyes closed the whole time with a look of terror on your face until it's over then I think when you stop you think you liked it but in reality it is the overwhelming rush of happiness that you made it through alive and you confuse that feeling with loving the ride. I don't know???Garrett and Porter chose to try out this ride along with Robby and Ty. Garrett is not quite a fan of the rides, he gets too nervous. Porter loves the rides. I am not sure where Garrett gets his nerves from because I LOVED rides as a little kid and loved the roller coasters upside down and everything crazy. I am pretty sure Trev was the same. However we did go to Six Flags on our honeymoon adventure and we went on two rides and Trev could hardly hack it. He was ready to go. He was a little nervous, but he had just fallen off a roof and broken both his feet not too long before we were married. But I know he was a dare devil growing up. And he did go on some pretty crazy roller coasters at Sea World a couple of years ago. As for me now I am quite the wimp about them. I hardly have the stomach to just go swing on a regular swing. Easton talked me in to trying out this ride with him. I thought sure, no big deal. It was so fast and quite brutal. I could hardly walk straight when it was over. The next morning I had a huge lump and bruise on my back where my clasp to my bra sits from it throwing me into the rock hard seat. Who knew I was getting to be such and OLD LADY???? :( Easton loved it though.......besides the lump on his head from it throwing his head into the bar. You have to be stiff as a board and totally under control to ride that ride or you could have some serious injuries.Yeah, we survived the ride..... but who the heck can't keep their hand out from in front of the camera....MASON.Much better......Me and my ride buddy E and Mr. Joe Cool.Mason and Bo loved the swings...Then I took Brody on a little spinning Bear ride. He was not happy about me making him go on this ride...Not EVEN when Mase and Bowen decided to join us........ He was TICKED. I am such a mean Mom. But oh how he loved it once we got going.......Look at that smile!! :)
We also enjoyed some yummy kettle corn and elephant ears compliments of Grandpa Jim. Thank you everyone for helping us have such a good time at the fair. And I can't forget some fun times watching the mutton busting, there was quite a few kids that didn't think it was all they said it was cracked up to be. Brave little kiddos if you ask me. I would have never agreed to do something like that.

1 comments:

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Love the update! We would love if you guys moved to AZ again! Haha your family is just too cute, Holly you look so good! We miss you guys. We are still trying to make Thanksgiving in Spokane work, so we will have to come see you if it does.