Friday, September 16, 2011

The Bouncy Place...

Brody is such a blessing to me in so many ways. I think there is something about your last baby that holds a little extra tight on those heart strings. I absolutely love and consider that he looks so much like his Dad a huge blessing to me. He has a smile that just melts my heart and a laugh that makes me so happy. His eyes remind me the most of Trev. He makes so many different faces that are similar looks of Trevor. I love that as the kids are all in school that he is my little buddy and he is so content with it. One of the greatest blessings that Brody has given me is the story at, "The Bouncy Place". This summer one of the events that Trevor's family put together for us all to enjoy was an hour of jumping at Sky High. Brody did not want anything to do with jumping with everyone. He cried and whined. I tried jumping with him. NO WAY! He wasn't going to have that. I held him and tried to jump. NO WAY! On a side note, that is against the rules. He was pretty much just miserable to be around. He was hanging on me crying wanting me to hold him until I picked him up then he would cry and fight his way down. I was ready to throw in the towel. Then the guy there was lining everyone up to play a game of dodge ball and all of a sudden like someone had just flipped a switch in his head he says to me, "I want to play." And then he takes off running on to the trampoline and jumped and bounced happy as could be until our hour was up. I was amazed and relieved and thought what a nut-job he was but then had fun jumping the rest of the time my self. A couple of days later I was getting Brody ready for bed and he was telling me that his Dad had given him a lego toy. I said to him, "No, that was from Uncle Joel." Then I asked him where his Dad was because since the time we told him what had happened to his Dad he would always say his Dad was with Jesus. He says to me, "Him is at the bouncy place." I said, "what???" He responded the same, "Him is at the bouncy place." I said, "He is???? Did you see him there???" He says, "Yes, him was watching us." It just melted my heart and made me so happy. A while later I was taking a remembrance book of Trevor out that has a picture of Trevor on it and he pipes up the second he saw it and says, "That's my Dad. Him is at the bouncy place." We have since had a few conversations about him seeing his Dad at the bouncy place. Every time it is the exact same story and in one conversation he says to me, "Him saw you." I just wanted to hear more, I could have talked to him about it all day. He said that he was smiling and that he loves all of us. There are not words to describe the huge blessing that story is to me. I truly believe that Trevor was there watching us and that is why he went from being miserable to the happiest kid alive. What a sweet experience. The only problem now is that he thinks that his Dad is always at the bouncy place and that he is no longer with Jesus. He still to this day when his Dad is brought up will say, "Him is at the bouncy place." I just love this little boy. I had to post some of my all time favorite pictures of this guy. Trev and I could look at his cute little face all day long. He just cracked us up...
Trevor's Dad always says he wishes Brody could stay this way forever and be our little mascot. He can be quite the stinker but he is one DANG CUTE KID and such a blessing to all of us!! Love you Brody James Stephenson. :)

1 comments:

Andrews Family said...

Holly this story gave me goosebumps. What a sweet experience for Brody. It will someday bring him great comfort knowing he got a glimpse of Trevor watching over you guys. I am just amazed how how thin the veil is for these little ones....truly miraculous and a testiment to how sweet and special they really are. I just love this story. Hugs to you friend. :)