Saturday, March 12, 2011

Terms of Endearment...

Things I miss hearing.... When Trevor and I first started dating and up through the honeymoon stages of marriage he called me goose and I called him moose. Goose came from silly goose and I am not quite sure where the moose came, probably just because it rhymed with goose. Cheesy I know but we were young and lets just face it.... Corny. Through out the years I would hear goose every now and again and it always brought a smile to my face. Then after Garrett was born I stopped working and watched a lot of Regis and Kelly in the morning as I laid on the couch with my newest little man and one day, I cannot remember for the life of me which actress was on, but they were talking about having their little person climb in bed with them and cuddling and calling them their little lover. I for some reason thought that was the strangest thing to call your child and told Trev about it and we jokingly started calling Garrett our little lover and eventually each other and it kind of just stuck through the years. I have heard a lot of babe and lady. And most common through the last few years my name has been "Vern" which stemmed from lover to lovern to Vern. I could not even begin to explain how badly I would love to hear Trevor call for Vern. I also would love to hear him say, "I love you big." which then I would tell him I love him back and he would ask, "How Big??" I would tell how big and he would say, "I love you this big".... with his huge arms spread as wide as they would go with a big grin on his face. Trevor is the sweetest boy I know. He was never shy about telling me how much he loved me and how beautiful he thought I was multiple times every single day of our life together and bringing me home flowers. I would often find little love notes randomly through out the house in places he knew I would get into often. He would also leave me love notes on the shower door or bathroom window so as I was showering and the doors and windows fogged up I could see his notes. I wish I could just squeeze Trevor tight and let him know how much I love him and miss him. I am reminded often of what a wonderful husband and father he was and still is. I love. Love. Love him.

6 comments:

Nygards said...

Holly,
I'm so sorry. You are such a strong person and I appreciate your example. You are in our thoughts and prayers a lot.
Love, Jen

Matt & Emily said...

I love the pictures, especially the one of Trev on the mirror door. When Trev and I were little we were at grandma andersons and he was doing that at one of their closet doors and she came in and yelled at him to stop hanging on the closet doors. Out of respect for the old lady, we waited till she left the room to crack up laughing! We remembered that often and laughed at grandma anderson each time we saw mirror doors and I still think of that each time I see those. I guess it was just so funny that she fell for it! He was a crack up!!

Lisa said...

I love the evolution of nicknames....such a cute/fun story. Thanks for sharing. Counting down the weeks 'til we can PLAY!

Laura said...

Loved all those pictures! Thanks for sharing them and your thoughts! Love you girl!!! HUGS!!!! I love the nicknames too! Mine is Rabbit...Guys are so funny!

Erika said...

Ditto on loving the nicknames. So smart of you to write it all down. I too appreciate your strength and example of faith and happiness throughout such a huge trial!!

sainsburys said...

Holly, I can just picture Trev calling you all the sweet names. I know he always wanted you sitting on his lap. He loves you so much and has always been madly in love with you. Trev has the best smile! I love the picture with Garrett with their hoodies on. I love the picture outside with Dad, Trevie, and Garrett walking in a row. I am so grateful for your hope and faith. I am so glad you keep all of the memories fresh for us to see. I miss him so much. Thanks for being the person you are. Trevor loves so much!!!We love you, Amanda