Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Talent Show...

The boys signed up to be in the primary talent show put on last Friday. Garrett signed up to do a head stand which he doesn't really know how to do and Porter signed up to walk on his hands. Well, I have been reading Trevor's mission journal to the boys and Trev had written about the MTC and while I was reading it to the boys Garrett says to me, "How do you fish in an 'empty sea'???" I started to laugh and then explained to him that it wasn't an 'empty sea' it was M.T.C. which stood for missionary training center. I told my parents about it and Garrett overheard and my Dad laughed and said that was a good joke Garrett. So Garrett's thinking, I'm funny I made a joke and tells me to tell Grandma Carol his "joke". So then next thing I know he is telling me he changed his talent and now he was going to tell his joke. It turned out to be a good thing since he really didn't know how to do a head stand and I didn't have the desire to teach him how to, but then the pressure was on how to figure out to present his joke. I over heard my Dad telling him to say something about fishers of men and then as it came down to a few hours before the show the perfect line popped into my head and anyone who knows me knows I am no comedian and rarely get a joke. I am the worst. But this is what we came up with, and when I say "we" I am pretty sure I had some help from Trev on this because that is definitely not a talent of mine. Joke: I have been hearing about going to the MTC to learn how to be fishers of men. But what I don't understand ...... Is.....How do you fish in an "EMPTY SEA"???? hahaha : ) Garrett did AWESOME. He got right up there and it took a second for him to start but he did such a good job and delivered it perfect. I asked him when he was done if he was scared and he says, "When I was going up there I was nervous and I thought I was going to THROW UP. But I feel good now." Haha. Porter was AMAZING too, he has come leaps and bounds out of his shell it is hard to believe it is the same kid. I have a feeling Trevor has had a little hand in helping him along the way too. I like to think so anyway. Porter got right up on stage and almost hand walked right off the stage. I asked him if he was scared and he said, "NOPE, I wasn't scared!" I am so glad. I am so proud of those little stinkers for being so gutsy and getting right up there and following through with what they said they would do. Again certainly not a talent of mine to get up in front of a big group or small group for that matter and put my self out there. I know Trev must have just been beaming and so proud of these little boys. This is a picture of Garrett on stage but I was so sad Porter went right before Garrett and for some reason I couldn't get my camera to take a picture so I missed him. : ( The two little talents at home after the show. Garrett got a medal for picking up the most garbage after the show. I tried really hard to get a good picture of Porter but he would not hold still for me for one stinken second and so this is the best I got. Garrett even had to have him in a head lock to get him to hold still. Little stinker.Of course Mason and Brody wanted in on the action...Mason showing me some of his tricks...I had to get some pictures of Brody in his hat. He has just recently started wearing a hat and I love it. He looks so much like Trevor to me in a hat and I just want to eat him up. I also love. Love. LOVE the hat hair. I know I might be weird but I always loved Trevor in a hat and LOVED it when his hair was all matted down from his hat. I just thought he was the cutest and so it makes me so happy that Brody will wear a hat now. He is a little cheeser and was being so funny so they are pretty goofy pictures but I got a couple good ones too...You would think someone was tickling his neck.....but they weren't....Awww........Who wouldn't love Trevie's little Brody?????

4 comments:

Kris said...

Holly that was so cute! You should be proud. What a funny little comedian you have. I loved that you put that it must have been Trevor, that is really sweet.

Lisa said...

So dang cute Holls! Such darling boys, but that's not a surprise when they have such a wonderful mom and dad.

Matt & Emily said...

This post makes me miss Trev so much. He was always so proud of his boys and would bask in their achievements. I could look at these pics of your boys all day!!!

Laura said...

That is a great joke! I love it!