Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Day of School at Sun Rise Elementary...

The boys had two first days of school this year. They are excited to get to be going to the elementary school that their Dad went to. Garrett is loving his teacher Mrs. Yara Nemri who Trevor and I knew from high school. Yara has been so great to Garrett and we couldn't be happier that she is Garrett's teacher. Garrett was very excited to be able to ride the bus again like he did at his school in TX. The best part about it is that it is down the street right in front of his cousin Jenna's house so even for the first day of school he wanted to ride with Jenna.Little miss Jenna and Garrett. It was a little bright that morning...Garrett has been doing good in school and loves it but the first or second day of school he tells me that he likes it but something made him kind of sad. I asked him what it was and he says he asked a boy that looked just like his best friend at school in TX if he wanted to be friends and he said," no". Then he goes on to tell me that he will just ask him again tomorrow, maybe he was just ignoring me. So I of course was broken hearted for my sweet boy and the next day Garrett gets home from school and Say's he asked him again and he said,"Yes" And now today he will say that little boy is his best friend at school. Whew. That was a close one for that little boy, I might of had to go and have a few words with him! Just kidding! :)

Mr. Porter went from all day school to just 1/2 a day of school and doesn't leave until the afternoon, so his first day I drove him and walked him into his class. His teacher's name is Mrs. Beschta and Porter loves her and is doing so well. He has really come leaps and bounds out of his shell. I am so proud of him he is so smart and sweet and just so tender hearted!! I wanted a picture before we left for school and of course all the boys wanted in, they are so silly!!
We had to get a picture in front of the sun for Sun Rise Elementary...He was so brave going and sitting right down and not even scared for me to leave. He looks so much like his Dad, I LOVE IT!!! Porter is such a big guy, my Mom likes to call him her gentle GIANT. He came home the other day on the bus and says he had a good day but there was a boy trying to kill him. I said, WHAT? He repeats it and says there was a boy on the bus chocking him and he even had cuts in his neck from the boys fingernails digging into his skin. I stopped the bus and let the driver know and he said he would report it to dispatch it was the second time this kid had done that to someone on the bus. I couldn't believe it, but Porter was so nice and I asked him what he said to get the boy to stop and he said he didn't say anything, the other kids on the bus told the bus driver and the bus driver made him stop. I can just picture poor Porter just sitting there not knowing what to do because he is too nice to do anything back. So the next day Grandpa showed him what he could do to stop someone from chocking him that wouldn't hurt the person. Why can't kids just be nice? I hate it when someone messes with my kid!!!!!

1 comments:

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I am so happy that you and your kids are doing well! I think that Porter and Owen are sooo similar! Isn't it the worst when kids are mean?!? And it makes it 100 times worse when they are mean to your own kids! We love you Holly and were so happy to see your updates!