Thursday, August 27, 2009

~ FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN ~

My big boy started KG this last Monday and he absolutely LOVES it!!! We are so glad he is adjusting well, he hasn't skipped a beat!! Trevor and I have to admit we are so excited for him to come home and tell us ALL about it!! We wish we could be a little fly on the wall and follow him around his day at school and see how he is and how he interacts with everyone!! He is so cute about all that happens, he just barely missed the cut off last year so he is an old KG and you can tell he has been ready to go for some time now!! We only live about 1/2 a mile from the school and so I thought we would just walk him to and home from school and we did the first two days of school but he kept telling me he wanted to ride the school bus and I told him, "I just want to make sure your safe, is that SO WRONG?" He didn't seem to care! Anyhow the bus comes right to our front door and since I have so many little ones to deal with that aren't adjusting well to the early morning wake up it is easier to have him ride and he LOVES it and so today he rode to school and home on the bus and says he wants to do it everyday, so who am I to hold him back???!!! :)All set and ready to head out to his very first day of Kindergarten, how cute is he?!!Walking down the hall to his classroom.........What a BIG man SO brave...................And this is Garrett and his KG teacher Mrs. Swackhamer. Each KG class room has a theme, his class room theme is Clifford the Big Red Dog and is decked out in Clifford, and when we brought him to the KG Teddy Bear Tea to see his room and meet the teacher he says to me, "Clifford is red and red is my favorite color so it is the perfect class for me, right?!" He is so funny!!Picking him up from school, SO HOT!!! We melted standing outside waiting for him in the 95 degree weather, feels like 103 due to the humidity!! We were soaked when we got home from sweating so much!! We decided to celebrate after we got Garrett because he did so good at school and was so brave we went to McDonald's and let the kids play in the toys and got an assortment of goodies to enjoy!! Afterward we got a movie from the red box for them and they got showered up and had a little pajama party, (Garrett's words). They looked so cute all sitting there watching their movie together we had to get a picture!! What good buddies they are!!I thought it was so cute that Porter was holding Brody's hand!! :)

Little Porter has really stepped it up and has been such a big helper to fill Garrett's shoes!! He says he is fine without Garrett and that he doesn't miss him but the other day I was talking to Trevor on the phone to see if he was still planning on getting Garrett at school and when I got off the phone Porter says to me, " What did Dad say?" I said, " He is going to go get Garrett!" Porter says, " I am SO glad, no that is not the right word, I am SO happy for Garrett to come home!!!" How sweet is that? And every day since then when it is getting close for Garrett to come home he says he is excited for Garrett to get home and then he wants to show him and tell him the things he has done and he asks Garrett what he did and wants to see all the work that Garrett brings home!!! I absolutely love it, I hope they always stay such good buddies!!! The first day Mason thought Garrett was lost and now he understands that he goes to, "cool!!" I love these little guys!! :)

1 comments:

Lisa Farman said...

Wow, Kindergarten! Our kids are growing up so fast. Garrett looked so cute all ready for school. I love how sweet your boys are to each other. Give them all a big hug for me and tell Garrett that I am so excited for him going to Kindergarten and getting to do all kinds of new adventures.