Thursday, August 11, 2011

TEAM STEPHENSON...

I wanted to start posting some of the things we have been up to this summer. I feel bad I am so behind. My camera is broken and I need to go and get it fixed so I have been stealing pictures off of other peoples camera. So unfortunately these posts aren't going to be in perfect order but what do you do??? A couple of days after Trev's birthday the boys and I headed to UT for our first family trip without Trevor. It was a wonderful trip but also a very emotional trip for me. The drive there was really hard besides that fact that I am not much of a driver and I get so, So, SO sleepy. As we drove and headed towards UT, a trip Trevor and I have taken many times in our married life, I couldn't help but have such an empty and lonely feeling without my best friend by my side. Those are the times that you think you are doing good and it just comes and slaps you in the face. I thought the trip might be a little difficult but I wasn't thinking it would be the drive that hurt the worst. I do pretty good if I have prepared myself knowing something might be difficult. It is the times that you haven't mentally prepared yourself that feels like it jumps out of nowhere. Trevor and I loved to take trips and the adventure of it all. I have never in my life known a better traveler and driver as Trevor. He was pretty much a super hero when it came to driving long distances and being able to stay awake. We drove to TX from WA and back a couple of times and that is a 30 hr+ drive that he could do on his own. Driving straight there no stopping for a nights sleep and me never touching the steering wheel. Our trips will never be the same without him. The boys were really good while we traveled and I have a wonderful visiting teacher who packed us a very huge, yummy lunch and snacks for our trip. We are so spoiled. We were also lucky enough to get to follow Trev's sister, Amanda, down to UT and have her little man Easton come and entertain my kids for part of the trip, which was really nice since we don't have a DVD player in our van. We were able to go stay and play with my sweet friend Lisa and her cute family while also spending lots of time with Trev's family as Trevor's grandparents were celebrating their 60TH wedding anniversary. One of the big events that was on the list of things to do was race in the Freedom 1/2 Marathon in Salt Lake City on the 4TH of July. It was quite the event with our Team Stephenson shirts in honor and memory of Trevie. It was so fun to have so many people to run with and participate in the race. I am sure Trev was looking down on us laughing and at the same time so happy that we would all run with shirts the say WHEEEEE on the back of them in his memory. Trevor is so loved and missed. I wish so much I could see that great smile of his in person and squeeze him tight. The problem he is going to have when I see him again is that I might never be able to let him go again. I love you Trev.



The picture above is before we ran the big race and below it is all of my sweet sister in-laws. Everyone that participated in the running of the race was Trevor's Dad, Trevor's sister Amanda and her husband Bob, Trevor's sister Emily and her husband Matt and Matt's Dad, Trevor's and my sister in-law Megan and my good friend Lisa and me. It was really a fun experience and one we hope to make a tradition.

We look funny because we are all twirling our finger like Trev would do as we say, "WHEEEEEE!!!"The fronts say TEAM STEPHENSON 2011 and the backs say Wheeeee! In memory of Trevor.

1 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

I am totally the same way when I drive on long road trips. I get so sleepy. It kinda scares me! On road trips you have way too much time to think. I know somewhat how you feel because after I broke off an engagement with an old boyfriend I had to drive from Utah to Spokane alone. I was sobbing the whole way because I had time to think about things. My thoughts and prayers are with you! You're definitely loved and not alone!!!