Monday, May 2, 2011

Fast and Testimony...

Garrett has such a love for this gospel. This last fast and testimony meeting he was very excited to fast for his first time for his Uncle Bob and Aunt Amanda to be able to sell their house quickly and find a job close by us. He even turned down snacks during sacrament from his cousin with a little reminder from me that he was fasting. He did such a great job and didn't complain once about being hungry. He was also very excited to get up during sacrament meeting and bare his testimony. He was a little disappointed that he wasn't able to get up every Sunday and bare his testimony. He has been waiting since last month when he bore his testimony for the first time. He let a few people go before him and when he got up he said, "Hi, I am Garrett. I want to bare my testimony. My Dad couldn't read. Someone told him to read some scriptures. He did and they helped him. I have a testimony that the scriptures are a good step for life." When he was done and sat back down he looks at me after I told him good job and he said. "I kind of got stage fright." It makes me so happy that he as the desire to want to do good and the courage to say what he believes. I hope that he will continue to have those characteristics through out his life. I am so proud of him and I know that Trevor must just look down at these boys and smile his wonderful big smile that we all love. : )






Garrett had a homework project that I knew about close to the beginning of April that was due the last Friday of April and of course I am teaching him bad habits of procrastinating until the last minute. I kept thinking I will do it this time and then I move it to another time and then another time and before you know it it is down to the day before and things came up keeping me from getting the things I needed for him to do his project. We are then on the way to his grandma Carol and grandpa Jim's house so they can watch the boys so I can do my visiting teaching. Luckily they were kind enough to run to the store with the boys and get the things he wanted to make his poster, so we ended up only staying up until 10:00PM instead of who knows when. I sure hope I have learned my lesson. But if I am being honest I am sure this won't be my last late night project helping these boys with their homework. Just when you thought you were done with school. : ( Garrett was quite proud of his poster that was on taking care of our earth. He came up with what he wanted to do to take care of the earth and that he wanted to use pipe cleaners to make the earth. It was a poster contest and I asked him if everyone had brought in their poster. He said only 3 people had. So I guess I did better then not doing it at all. : ) Then I asked him who had the most creative one. He says, "I think I pretty much did." He cracks me up. Not a lack of confidence in himself. Ha ha.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice Job Garrett! It looks even cooler than I had pictured ;) The trees look delicious....too bad your mom ate all of the yellow- the sun could have been huge! Haha! JK!
Great posts Holly- you are so amazing and are doing everything so right! I can't picture you dealing with this all with anymore grace. Love ya so much!!

Mandy said...

What a sweet boy! I'm not sure I could get Alex to go up there for anything! He is very brave. Hope you are doing well, wish I was racing with you and Em in July :( Thank you for the very sweet card, I keep forgetting to tell you I got it. Hope to see you sometime this summer. Take care.

Robert said...

Garrett,Thanks so much for fasting fasting for our family. I know we will be blessed because you are so faithful. I love to hear your testimony and know how proud you dad is of you! He would always tell me how much he loved you guys and how proud he was of you and your mom and brothers. I love you Garrett! Thanks for being a good example to me. Amanda

Matt & Emily said...

He did do a great job on the poster, very nice Garrett! And I'm so proud of him for baring his testimony. I'd love for Nate and Bay to see him do that. What a great example he is to his cousins!