Sunday, November 16, 2008

WE HAVE MOVED TO TEXAS!

On November 1ST Trevor and I loaded up a u-haul with a few necessities, (very few) and headed down to good ol' Texas. We got there in a LONG three days and checked into a hotel. We spent a day looking at apartments and houses with Grandpa Jim who is also down here with us, Grandma Carol will be joining us soon. With a few scary house previews and Carol so kindly looking on the Internet for different options we found this really lovely home in Kingwood. We really were very excited to find this newly remodeled home in a very nice established neighborhood . I have been able to attend church twice now and both times have been so kindly welcomed!! I have never been in a ward that has been so sweet and welcoming and I absolutely LOVE it!! I really feel like we could make Texas our new home and love it!! Especially if Trevor ever figures out a way to be around a little more so I don't feel like I am all alone in taking care of my very CRAZY four boys!! Why are we here? Trevor is looking into opening a roofing and supply company here and has for the past couple of months been working on helping FEMA with the blue tarp operation due to hurricane "Ike". It is looking like things might start coming together for the company so we might be able to settle in a little better soon!!

Our new home!!Living room, remember I said we brought the necessities, now that we have lived for the last couple of weeks without a couch it is seeming more and more like a necessity. :) Our formal dinning room, I know, I know, that is one fancy dinning room table, we decided to spring for the BEST, only the best for our little family!!Kitchen!Other dining area, you thought our other table was fancy, take a look at this one, o wait someone must have broken in and stolen it, tables are over rated!!Master bedroom with our very fancy t.v. and stand!! Don't be fooled thinking we at least new having a mattress and box springs to throw on the floor would be a pretty important item to bring. Good night rest, who needs it, we would rather have a restless sleep on a blow up mattress!! :) Master bathroom, the kids especially Porter felt the need to be in every picture!!

The kids bathroom upstairs!!

Brody's room, at least he has a real bed and real furniture, he appreciates it, I'm sure!!
The big boys room!



The big boys bed, yes they may be sleeping in their closet on a heaping mound of blankets. It is a good thing they are so young and think it is a party!!And finally our back yard, we even have a palm tree, FUN!! It is very nice it has a concrete patio big enough for the boys to ride their bikes and scooter on and then grass, if you can call it that, the grass here is not like to nice thick grass we have in Washington. It is big thick blades that is rough and not fun to walk in with bare feet. What do you do?
We have learned our lesson thinking we could just camp out at our house until we could afford to buy all new. We are working on the best way to get our stuff packed up at home and have shipped down here while we are here and it is in WA, we will see how it works!!

1 comments:

Lisa Farman said...

The house is beautiful. Chris said he really liked it when he went over there. I'm glad you are happy in your new ward and you like the neighborhood. I can't wait to come down to hang out. I'm getting so lonely here without Chris. I think I am starting to understand what you've been through. I should have spent more time with you, I hope you can forgive me. See you soon! Hopefully by then you will have a little more furniture! :-)