Thursday, January 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home!!

Brody and I got to take a trip back home to Spokane the week before Christmas for a little Christmas with my family, we wanted to make sure we made it home because my brother Leigh was home on a two week leave from Kuwait. It was really good to go home and see my house and things and spend LOTS of time with my family!! I only got to stay one night at my house, when I got home there was no snow the next morning I woke up to the snow and when I left my house that afternoon this is what it looked like. On my way home from shopping my truck died and so my Dad took me home to get some of my things and stay with them since I would be without a vehicle and It was a good thing I did because that was the day there was the record snowfall in Spokane and they got 27 inches in a 24 hour period. They next day my Dad and I had to hike in to get the rest of my things and it was clear up to our upper thighs, CRAZY, it was a lot of fun hiking down to our house though and so amazingly beautiful!! I LOVED IT!! I wish the boys had been with me, they would have had so much fun!! It is more fun I realize when you know you get to go back to they nice warm weather of Texas!! :)I realized I never got pictures of our fun little play room Trevor and I did, with the help of my Mom making the curtains out of a tablecloth I found at Pottery Barn Kids. I had so much fun thinking this up and doing it!! I miss my little Garage House!!This is the little magnetic chalkboard inside the barn!!This is what the crazy snow looked like out side my Mom and Dad's house!! It came clear up to the top of their porch, it looks like you could just walk off there but there are shrubs there that are quite large.It came half way up their back porch railing, it really was insane!!My Grandma Punky and Brody at the Christmas party!! She was so cute playing with all the Grand babies!Cousins! Joel and Amber's little guy Ethan and Brody playing. Ethan is exactly 3 months older than Brody!! He is a sweet, smiley little guy!!Aren't they so DANG CUTE!?!Brody had a good ol' time!!My brothers and sisters! Top right to left: Melody Ellerd, Ryan McCombs, ME, Lisa Farman, Joel McCombs, and Leigh McCombs. Whole Fam!!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Cute pictures!
Man I wish I would have known you were there in Spokane, we were too and I would have called you! So you came with out all your kiddos, how was that? Probably nice to travel with just one!
The snow was crazy wasn't it, but fun, my kids loved it!

Teresa said...

I heard the snow was pretty bad from my sister. She is ready to leave spokane already :) It is so nice that you got to see your family for the holidays. We get to go to see my family this year for Christmas. I am so excited. Man you kids are cute :)