Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

This was mine and Trevor's first year making Thanksgiving dinner at home. Trevor made just about the whole meal as I wasn't feeling so good with the morning sickness and he did a wonderful job. The turkey however was a little dry and he forgot to take out the neck and whatever other gross things they have in the turkey for you to clean out. He didn't really forget he cut off something else he thought was the neck but soon realized after he started cutting the turkey that it is all in a bag for you on the other end!! At least the turkey looks good!! He completely redeemed himself with the homemade rolls. My mom makes the best homemade rolls which is what I look forward to every year and she so kindly gave us the recipe and they turned out wonderful which was all I needed anyway. The rest of the meal was great, too!! After we all got a nice good nap which is highly needed after the big turkey dinner we went to my parents house for dessert and had a good time visiting with them, my moms parents and my sisters and their husbands!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow Holly...is that really you??? J/K...loved the blog and the picture of the turkey. It made me laugh to see the gross neck right there on the turkey but it looks like Trevor did a great job anyway. Well, I just wanted to say hi. Good luck at your doctor's appt tomorrow, right? Let me know if you need any help.

Amber

Matt & Emily said...

Hey Holly! I'm so excited to see that you've been blogging! You'll have to teach my mom how! I'm super impressed with the tractor cake! That is so cool! I wish you guys lived by us and you could help me out with stuff like that! We miss you guys!